Friday 28 June 2013

Chemical-Free Skincare Enhances Wellness

Imagine knowing that everything that you wash with and put onto your body was chemical-free! Recently while searching for affordable soaps, shampoos and skin moisturizers that don't have harmful chemicals in them, I found that they were neither plentiful, affordable, nor easy to get. Some health food stores carry products that are advertised as chemical-free and healthy, but when I looked up their ingredients at the Skin Deep Cosmetic Database, they were rated as harmful in many cases.

Many chemical-free products are advertised online, but most of the ones I found that were rated as safe at Skin Deep were made in limited quantities by small operations in the United States that did not deliver outside of the U.S.A. Since I live in Canada, I decided to search for Canadian-made chemical-free skincare products. And I found Consonant Body Organic Skincare, a manufacturer of 100% natural products that have "no parabens, no sulfates, no petroleum ingredients, and certainly no phthalates." The way I found Consonant was by walking down Yonge Street in Toronto one day and seeing a sign that stuck in my mind for days. It said:

What Goes On Your Body Goes In Your Body

Chemical-free skin care products at Consonant Body Organic Skincare
A few days later, I went into Consonant's store to investigate the prices.  I met Kristina, who did a wonderful job of explaining the features and benefits of their product line, and gave me some samples. I was surprised to find how affordable their skin care products were.
















A chemical-free skin care product for eyes


Ultra Firming Organic Eye Cream from Consonant Body Organic Skincare
Eventually I purchased
an Ultra Moisturizing Organic Eye Creme product for $35 CAD.

I thought the price was good, and I have been using it daily for 3 months now.

Compared to Mary Cohr and Yonka products that I recently reviewed and also use daily, this chemical-free skincare product is much more affordable - as well as being organic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hand-Painted Works by Kyivan Artist Alexander Khomenko

 St. Nicholas icon Since my current University of Toronto Slavics course on The Origins of Russia and Ukraine covers icons and cossacks alo...